[notes does not belong to us]
DESCRIBING A HANDSOME MAN
LEVEL 1 LEVEL 2 LEVEL 3 LEVEL 4 LEVEL 5 OTHERS
|Viking-gold hair||Nordic-gold hair||Aryan-gold hair||lions mane-gold hair||Achilles-gold hair|
|Hercules-gold hair||Scandinavian-gold hair||Teutonic-gold hair||mother lode-gold hair||Apollo-gold hair|
- He had wavy, Hercules-gold hair.
- He had mussed, Nordic-gold hair.
- He had twirling, Aryan-gold hair.
- He had a swirling, lion’s mane of gold hair.
- He had whisked, Apollo-gold hair that danced in the wind.
|a crew cut||a Mohican hair cut||a marine haircut||a razor’s-edge cur||a bald pate|
|close cropped hair||a rooster cut||a military hair cut||a buzz-cut||a chrome dome|
- He had a crew cut and darting eyes.
- He had a rooster cut and piercing eyes.
- He had a marine cut and penetrating eyes.
- He had buzz-cut and gimlet eyes.
- He had a chrome dome and far–seeing eyes.
|bushy eyebrows||sickle shaped||crescent-of-moon shape||beetle-browed||fire worshipper-black|
|bristly eyebrows||scythe shaped eyebrows||equinox-black eyebrows||hirsute eyebrows||Hades-black|
- He had bushy eyebrows and a pleasing face.
- He had sickle shaped eyebrows and a shapely face.
- He had equinox-black eyebrows and a seemly face.
- He had hirsute, bible-black eyebrows on an artist’s face.
- He had Hades-black eyebrows affixed to an aesthetic face.
|a falcon’s nose||a Roman nose||a patrician nose||a raptor’s nose||a lordly nose|
|a hawkish nose||an imperial nose||an imperious nose||an aquiline nose||a kingly nose|
- He had a falcon’s nose and merry eyes.
- He had an imperial nose and joyful eyes.
- He had a patrician nose and mirthful eyes.
- He had a raptor’s nose and dancing eyes.
- He had a lordly nose and come-hither eyes.
|domed cheekbones||half-dome cheekbones||arched cheekbones||pinched-in cheekbones||concave cheekbones|
|defined cheekbones||half-moon cheekbones||angular cheekbones||prominent cheekbones||mountain peak cheekbones|
- He had domed cheekbones on tight skin.
- He had half-moon cheekbones on tense skin.
- He had arched cheekbones on taut skin.
- His pinched-in cheekbones rested on skin that was stretched tight by exercise.
- His concave cheekbones rested on skin pulled tight like a bolt of fine cloth.
|a concrete jaw||a craggy jaw||a flinty jaw||a granite jaw||an adamantine jaw|
|a lantern jaw||an oaken jaw||a marble jaw||a basalt jaw||an obsidian jaw|
- He had a lantern jaw that was square and firm.
- He had a craggy jaw that was strong and hard.
- He had a marble jaw that was rugged and masculine.
- He had a granite jaw that was gritty and tough.
- He had an obsidian jaw that was obdurate and unyielding.
|Atlas shoulders||taurine shoulders||simian shoulders||Colossus shoulders||canyon ridge shoulders|
|a Titan’s shoulders||a wrestler’s shoulders||Samson shoulders||Corinthian shoulders||ox yoke shoulders|
- He had Atlas shoulders above a six-pack.
- He had taurine shoulders above a barrel chest.
- He had simian shoulders and an Olympian’s chest.
- He had Corinthian shoulders and a horizon flat stomach.
- He had ox yoke shoulders and a washboard stomach.
|a gladiator’s biceps||a goliath’s body||a leviathan’s forearms||a Spartan’s muscles||a gym toned physique|
|a strongman’s shoulders||a Greek god’s body||Popeye forearms||Schwarzenegger muscles||a gym honed physique|
- He had a gladiator’s biceps and iron muscles.
- He had a goliath’s body and ironbound muscles.
- He had Popeye forearms and ironclad muscles.
- He had a Spartan’s muscles and cast iron muscles.
- He had a gym honed physique and muscles wrought from iron.
|dishy||brawny||manly||hunky||hale and hearty|
|dashing||burly||strapping||handsome||hewn from rock|
- He was dashing with a rascal’s smile.
- He was brawny with a roguish smile.
- He was strapping with a scamp’s smile.
- He was hunky with a scallywag’s smile.
- He was hale and hearty with a rapscallion’s smile.
|a cat like grace||a tiger like tread||an athletic grace||a lion-like power||a feline grace|
|a leopard like grace||sure-footed purpose||a balletic grace||a leonine poise||like a panther in slow-mo|
- He moved with a cat like grace.
- He walked with sure-footed purpose.
- He eased about the room with a balletic grace.
- He prowled around with a lion-like power.
- He padded through the room like a panther in slow-mo.
DESCRIBING A HANDSOME MAN
LEVEL 1 LEVEL 2 LEVEL 3 LEVEL 4 LEVEL 5 OTHERS
|a goatee||a spade shaped beard||an Abe Lincoln beard||a Captain Ahab||a Moses beard|
|a galway||a devil’s fork beard||a Vandyke beard||a Socratic beard||a Methuselah beard|
- He had a shiny goatee.
- He had a smooth, spade shaped beard.
- He wore a glossy, Abe Lincoln beard.
- He boasted a flowing, Socratic beard.
- He sported a sartorial, Methuselah beard.
|a bushy moustache||a pencil thin moustache||a toothbrush moustache||a handlebar moustache||a Zapata moustache|
|a bristly moustache||a military moustache||a smig||a walrus moustache||a D’Artegnan moustache|
- He had a dark, bristly moustache.
- He had a dapper, military moustache.
- He wore a dandy, toothbrush moustache.
- He wore a drooping, walrus moustache.
- He sported a dashing, D’Artegnan moustache, the emblem of a true musketeer.
|dark stubble||grainy stubble||sand-rough stubble||morning shadow||a rime of grey|
|peppered stubble||gritty stubble||designer stubble||five o’ clock shadow||salt and pepper stubble|
- He had manly, peppered stubble.
- He had manful, gritty stubble.
- He had mannish, designer stubble.
- His face was grizzled with manlike, five o’ clock shadow.
- His face was grafted with a masculine rime of grey.
|sea rover-blue eyes||nomad-blue eyes||voyager-blue eyes||seafarer-blue eyes||trailblazer-blue eyes|
|Rasputin-blue eyes||nautical-blue eyes||mariner-blue eyes||wayfarer-blue eyes||wanderlust-blue eyes|
- His Rasputin-blue eyes were as clear as a calm lake.
- His nautical-blue eyes were as clear as a summer brook.
- His voyager-blue eyes were as clear as a fresh pond.
- His seafarer-blue eyes were as clear as a spring stream.
- His trailblazer-blue eyes were as clear as a mountain stream.
DIFFERENT EYE COLOURS
|hypnotic, meltwater-blue eyes||scorching, smaragdine-green eyes||beguiling, turquoise-green eyes||enthralling, champagne-brown eyes||enchanting, clay-grey eyes|
|mesmerizing, empyrean-blue eyes||iridescent, malachite-green eyes||bewitching, tourmaline-green eyes||entrancing, molten-brown||enrapturing, loam-grey eyes|
- He had lambent, meltwater-blue eyes
- He had fulgent, smaragdine-green eyes.
- He had bedazzling, tourmaline-green eyes.
- He had effulgent, molten-brown eyes.
- He had scintillating, loam-grey eyes.
SHAPE OF EYES
|doe shaped eyes||saucer shaped eyes||orb round eyes||lunar shaped||moon shaped eyes|
|almond shaped eyes||Saturn shaped eyes||opal round eyes||sloe shaped||millpond round|
- They were doe shaped and the windows to his soul.
- They were saucer shaped and the mirrors of his soul.
- They were opal round and the pathways to his soul.
- They were lunar shaped and the gateways to his soul.
- They were millpond round and the portals to his soul.
ARCHAIC WORDS FOR EYES
|a-dazzle with wonder||a-flicker with curiosity||a-gleam with delight||a-glow with love||a-sparkle with mirth|
|a-fire with passion||a-flush with triumph||a-glimmer with interest||a-light with joy||a-twinkle with the ‘joie de vivre’|
- They were a-dazzle with wonder over a friendly smile.
- They were a-flicker with curiosity over a genial smile.
- They were a-glimmer with interest over his affable smile.
- They were a-glow with love and he flashed me an amiable smile.
- They were a-twinkle with the ‘joie de vivre’ and he graced me with a jaunty smile.
|a dashing personality||a devil-may-care outlook||a vivacious personality||a flamboyant character||a buccaneering personality|
|an adventurous personality||a derring-do outlook||a gregarious personality||a debonair character||a swashbuckling personality|
- He had a dashing personality and a cosmic smile.
- He had a devil-may-care outlook and a stellar smile.
- He had a gregarious personality and a galactic smile.
- He had a debonair character and a celestial smile.
- He had a swashbuckling style and an Arcadian smile.
|a deep voice||a bass voice||a foghorn voice||a rumbling voice||a stentorian voice|
|a booming voice||a trombone voice||a volcanic voice||like bottled thunder||a grit-and-gravy voice|
- He had a booming voice, full of vim.
- He had a trombone voice, full of verve.
- He had a volcanic voice, loaded with vigour.
- He had a voice like bottled thunder, a measure of his vitality.
- He had a stentorian voice, a man who believed in ‘Vi et armis’. (By force and arms)
|snazzy clothes||natty clothes||gap year clothes||rakish||twee clothes|
|ritzy clothes||nifty clothes||swanky clothes||raffish clothes||Miami Vice clothes|
- He wore snazzy clothes and his hair was wind-tossed.
- He wore natty clothes and his hair was wind-tumbled.
- He wore swanky clothes and his hair was wind-tangled.
- He wore raffish clothes and his hair was wind-tousled.
- He wore Miami Vice clothes and his hair was wind-tempested.
LEVEL 1: BASIC SENTENCES
- He had Viking-gold hair. HAIR
- He had bristly eyebrows. EYEBROWS
- He had a hawkish nose. NOSE
- He had defined cheekbones. CHEEKBONES
- He had a concrete jaw. JAW
- He had a Titan’s shoulders. SHOULDERS
- He was dishy. MASCULINITY
- He moved with a leopard-like grace. MOVEMENT
- He had sea rover-blue eyes. EYES
- They were almond shaped. SHAPE OF EYES
- They were a-fire with passion. ARCHAIC WORDS FOR EYES
- He was adventurous. PERSONALITY
- He had a deep voice. VOICE
- He wore ritzy clothes. CLOTHES
- An earthy scent swirled around him. SMELL
LEVEL 2: A BASIC PARAGRAPH
He had a Mohican cut and scythe-shaped eyebrows. His Roman nose and half-dome cheekbones sat above an oaken jaw. His wrestler’s shoulders were part of his burly physique. He walked with a tiger like tread and his nomad-blue eyes twinkled. They were Saturn round and were a-flush with triumph after his job promotion. His derring-do personality and bass voice were a big part of his ambitious character. He always wore nifty clothes and his spicy aroma was appealing.
LEVEL 3: CREATIVE PARAGRAPHS
He was a male model and he was adored by the fairer sex for his Teutonic-gold hair. It was a casual jumble sometimes but mostly neat and flowing. His crescent-of-moon eyebrows were thin and narrow. He carried an imperious nose well and his angular cheekbones carved down towards a flinty jaw. Unusually for a model, he had a manly, Samson physique. The catwalk loved the way he glided with an athletic grace without skipping a beat.
His mariner-blue eyes were orb round and darted constantly, a-gleam with delight and the vigour of youth. They were soft, Irish eyes and swam with joy. They shone brightly, like two sapphires dipped in milky pools. Everyone commented on his vivacious character and his gentle nature. His voice could be foghorn loud when he was booming out a guffaw but it was normally mellifluous. His gap year clothes always made him appear younger than his years. The swirl of his loamy cologne had them swooning in the aisles.
LEVEL 4: ADVANCED PARAGRAPHS
He wasn’t a male model but he should have been. The lush, mother lode-gold hair he groomed so carefully had a rippling quality, a sign of his rude health. His only blemish was that he was beetle-browed and they sometimes knitted in frustration. The aquiline nose he sported complemented his prominent cheekbones. Handsome in an understated way, his basalt jaw and Spartan shoulders spoke of strength. He possessed a latent, leonine power and always walked with purpose and authority.
People had always remarked that his best feature was his entrancing, wayfarer-blue eyes. Sloe shaped, they could shine as bright as the evening stars when they were a-light with joy. At other times, they could resemble two liquid-blue pools of flashing fire. Flamboyant of character, the room always filled with his sonorous, rumbling voice. He was also quick to crack a joke or fire off a humorous retort. His rakish clothes were a source of amusement to some, not least because they emanated an herbal smell.
LEVEL 5: COMPLEX WRITING: DIFFERENT PEOPLE
A Brad Pitt look-alike: The man I met at the wedding had a touch of the Brad Pitt about him. His hair was Achilles-gold and coiffed to perfection. His eyes had the same startling clarity as a mountain stream and the lineaments of his face were in perfect proportion to each other. He seemed moulded from a different cast as he had an androgynous look uncommon to most people. Lacquered and enamelled by the sun, he radiated energy and brio. His mountain peak cheekbones appeared chiselled into shape by a master craftsman. They were of such sharp contours, it looked as if they were sculpted and pared to perfection. With eyes as bright and spellbinding as lode stars, they bewitched all those who fell under his steady gaze. They were a-sparkle with mirth and shone like two eternity-blue jewels enwrought in snow.